Raritan Rack Transfer Switch
The Raritan hybrid rack transfer switch system is the first in the world that offers both electromechanical relays as well as silicon-controlled rectifier (Silicon Controlled Rectifiers) to overcome the limitations of traditional Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS). It provides load transfer times that are comparable to those of a static transfer switch (STS) are, is also more energy efficient and cheaper. It is also the first, allows the energy measurement on input, output and safety level, and the switch to output level for a better remote access.
Raritan rack Transfer Switch:
- Current sensing 4.800 / second for load transfer within 4 to 8ms.
- Oversized relay with an output of 48A and thyristors with a power of 70A, even if the transfer switches 16A and 32A for loads are expected.
- Relay contact air gap of 3.3 mm as opposed to the 0.6 mm gap which is used in most of the transfer switch relay on the market in order to prevent arcing.
- Two single-pole relay instead of a double-hop relay (a single point of failure) to support reliable out-of-phase transmissions.
- Measurement on input, output and control level.
- Remote switching of the outputs.